The Church of the Incarnation was founded in 1852. The present building was constructed in 1864; its renovations after an 1882 fire include what a guidebook calls “some of the finest ecclesiastical art in America.” Incarnation’s history also includes fine music and prominent members such as Admiral David Farragut and Eleanor Roosevelt.
Today, the congregation reflects the diversity of the Murray Hill neighborhood and the New York metropolitan area from which it is drawn. Worship, intellectual exploration and practical application of Christian principles are especially valued by Incarnation’s members.
|Rector||The Rev. J. Douglas Ousley|
|Organist / Director Of Music||Dr. Matthew T. Lewis|
|Sacristan||Enrico (Rico) Shillingford|
In the Episcopal Church, members of the parish are elected by the congregation to assist the Rector in the governance and decision-making of the church. The Vestry is involved in management of the finances and the property of the church as well as oversight of its ministries and mission. Current members of the Vestry are listed below.
Janet Loengard, Senior Warden
Jonathan Vaughan, Junior Warden
Sandra Cecchini, Clerk
Mike Linburn, Treasurer
Sandy Von Benken
Contact the Church Office