Worship & Music
“Worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness; let the whole earth stand in awe of him” Psalm 96:9
The central activity that unites us at Incarnation is the worship of God through prayer, music, Scripture and the sharing of the Holy Eucharist (Holy Communion). All persons, of whatever faith, are invited to our worship services, and all baptized Christians are welcome to receive Communion.
Involvement in Worship
Members of the congregation assist in conducting worship by serving as:
- Acolytes who include junior members of our congregation and lead the procession to worship;
- The Altar Guild whose members care for the silver and linens, prepare the altars and secure communion supplies;
- Chalice Bearers who serve the wine during the Eucharist;
- Lay Readers who read Scripture during services;
- Ushers who greet visitors, seat worshipers, distribute worship bulletins, collect the offering and invite parishioners to our coffee hour following the service.